Step One: Complete Your General and Prerequisite Courses
You can register with Concordia University St. Paul to complete your prerequisite courses. Contact us so we can get you started. Our admission counselors will help you determine what courses will transfer to CSP and which courses you need to complete using our Degree Audit* tool.
*= Please use your csp.edu email address to login.
Ready to start registering for courses? Contact your ABSN Admissions Counselor to review the registration process, go over the courses within your Degree Plan, and ensure you are ready to seek acceptance to the Nursing Program.
For students needing additional credits to qualify for the ABSN program, CSP offers the Pre-Nursing AA with “preferred admission” to our nursing program for those who complete at least 15 credits from CSP.
Highlights of the Program Include:
- Preferred Admission Seat: By earning the AA Pre-Nursing and meeting the minimum nursing admissions requirements, students will have a preferred admission seat in the University’s BSN program.
- Seamless Admission to Program Process: By declaring as a preferred admission pathway student, you won’t need to re-apply to CSP’s nursing program, but will already be an applied student to the program.
- Familiarity with CSP overall: Blackboard, financial aid, advising, and others. Learn about and be a student at the University before becoming a nursing student.
- Prerequisite Preparation: CSP offers excellent science and math courses designed to help you be successful in the nursing program. Courses like MAT165 Quantitative Reasoning for Health Care Professionals cover relevant concepts like dosage calculation to prepare you for future success in the nursing program.
Step Two: Complete Additional Nursing Application Requirements
In addition to completing prerequisite and general education courses, there are additional application requirements that need to be met prior to being reviewed by the Nursing Committee. Complete these in a timely manner to ensure you are eligible to start the program in your desired term.
Complete the TEAS Exam
If you have not already completed the TEAS, this should be completed prior to being reviewed for admission to the ABSN program.
Assessment Technologies Institute (ATI) Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) must be submitted with a score of 65% or greater with proficiency in all subject areas. TEAS must have been taken within the previous year (no more than two attempts per year) to be eligible for submission.
Demonstrate English Language Proficiency
Applicants must demonstrate English language proficiency via examination if 1) English is not their native language, and 2) the applicants have lived in the US fewer than eight years at the time of application.
English proficiency may be demonstrated by one or more of the following tests:
|Test||Minimum Satisfactory Score|
|TOEFL.iBT||84 with minimum speaking score of 26|
|IELTS||Overall score of 6.5 with the minimum of 6.0 on all modules|
|MELAB||Total passing score of 81 and a speaking section score of 3|
|Pearson Test of English Academic||Overall score of 55 with a minimum of 50 on all sub-scores|
Upon completion of the admission requirements for the program, your file will be submitted to the Nursing Committee for review. Your Admissions Counselor will notify you of the acceptance decision after this review is completed.
ABSN Accepted Student Requirements
Once accepted to the CSP Nursing Program, you will need to complete additional requirements to ensure your success and understanding of the program.
Sign and Submit your Registration Authorization Form
To confirm your seat and get registered for your Nursing courses, you will need to read and sign the Nursing Registration and Acceptance Authorization Form emailed to you upon acceptance to the program. Within this document you will also be required to acknowledge the licensure requirements of the program. Failure to complete this step will result in dismissal from the program. If this step is not completed, your seat will be given to another applicant.
Completed forms should be emailed to email@example.com within one week of receipt in order to secure your spot.
Once the document is received your Admissions Counselor will be in touch with your next steps.
Submit your Final Official Transcripts
Final official transcripts for any courses taken outside of CSP since being accepted to CSP must be submitted.
Transcripts should reflect final grades for all courses and indicate conferral of a degree (if applicable). To be considered official, transcripts must be received in a sealed envelope from the institution or through secure electronic delivery.
Submit Official Transcripts to CSP:
9600 SW Barnes Rd #300
or by secured email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Complete Our Compliance Requirements
To be compliant with CSP’s Nursing program, you must submit the following documentation.
CSP Student ID – Comet Card
Portland Campuses – Students taking courses at our two Portland campus locations will receive a student ID card after site assignments are made, prior to the cohort start.
St. Paul Campus – Students must submit a photo to Card Services to be used for their CSP ID. Learn more and submit your photo on the Card Services website.
ABSN Program Orientation
Prior to the start of classes, students accepted into the ABSN program will receive emailed information pertaining to their Nursing Orientation. This will be emailed to your CSP email, so please be sure to access this and watch for updates.
Finalize Your Finances
As you prepare to begin your coursework at Concordia University, you might need assistance finding housing in Minnesota. One option to help you with this transition is CORT. CORT provides personalized rental housing locating assistance and their services are free of charge.
CORT’s services include:
- An in-depth needs analysis to determine what you are looking for in your new home
- A personalized web-page, with listings selected specifically for you based on your needs
- Details on housing availability and special offers
- Appointment scheduling at the residences you choose to visit
- Detailed maps and directions to your appointments
- Furniture rental
- Destination Services (available upon request for a nominal fee)
- Destination services include agent-guided housing tours, as well as other settling in services that may be needed
For more information about CORT, please contact:
- Amy Halvorson, Destination Services: 952-657-7336, email@example.com
- Kay Miska, Destination Services: 952-657-7335, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lindsay Ivens, Furniture Rental: 952-657-7337, email@example.com
Student Accessibility Services
Determine the accommodations that may be available to you at Concordia by contacting Student Accessibility Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit Concordia’s Student Accessibility Services webpage for more information.