ABSN Application Process
Applying for accelerated nursing school at CSP Global doesn’t have to be a stressful process. Our admissions counselors are here to help you every step of the way.
Your counselor will answer your questions, help you determine the ideal admissions timeline and ABSN start date and assist you with your nursing school application. Here, we’ll go through the steps you’ll take to apply for CSP Global’s ABSN program when the time comes.
Step One: Complete Your General and Prerequisite Courses
The first step is completing your required prerequisite courses, which you can do at CSP Global or at another accredited institution of higher education.
You can register with CSP Global to complete your prerequisite courses. Contact us so we can get you started. Our admission counselors will help you determine what courses will transfer to CSP and which courses you need to complete using our Degree Audit* tool.
*= Please use your csp.edu email address to log in.
Ready to start registering for courses? Contact your ABSN admissions counselor to review the registration process, review the courses within your degree plan and ensure you are ready to seek acceptance to the nursing program.
Nursing Preferred Admission Pathway Option
For students needing additional credits to qualify for the BSN program, CSP offers a “preferred admission” pathway. This pathway prioritizes admission to the CSP Nursing program for students in this pathway who meet eligibility and nursing admissions requirements.
Eligibility Requirements: Prospective students must have a 3.0 incoming cumulative college (transfer student with previous college experience) or high school GPA (first-year college student). Additional eligibility requirements can be found in the CSP Nursing Preferred Admission Pathway Acknowledgement Form.
Benefits of the Preferred Admission Pathway
- Preferred Admission Seat: By completing at least 15 credits toward the prerequisite and general education requirement for the CSP pre-licensure BSN at CSP, students will have a prioritized seat in CSP’s pre-licensure nursing program. Please speak with admissions and/or advising regarding how this prioritization process works.
- Seamless Admission to Program Process: By declaring as a preferred admission pathway student, you will not need to re-apply to CSP’s nursing program. Students in this pathway are classified as having already applied to the nursing program.
- Familiarity with CSP Overall: Blackboard, financial aid, advising, student life, and other areas of CSP. Learn about and be a student at CSP Global before becoming a nursing student.
- Prerequisite Preparation: CSP offers excellent science and math courses designed to help you be successful in the nursing program. Courses like MAT165 Quantitative Reasoning for Healthcare Professionals cover relevant concepts like dosage calculation to prepare you for future success in the nursing program.
- TEAS Exam Waived if 3 of 4 Science Courses are Completed at CSP: CSP waives the Assessment Technology Incorporated (ATI) Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) requirement if 3 of 4 Science prerequisites are completed through CSP (BIO300, BIO315, BIO316, or CHE105).
Step Two: Complete Nursing Application Requirements
In addition to completing prerequisite and general education courses, there are additional application requirements that need to be met prior to being reviewed by the Nursing Committee. Complete these in a timely manner to ensure you are eligible to start the program in your desired term.
Submit Your Online ABSN Application
When you are in your final semester of prerequisites for the ABSN program, you can submit your ABSN application. You’ll complete your ABSN application online. Your admissions counselor will be available to help you submit the most competitive application possible. Remember to complete all parts of your application by the deadline provided by your admissions counselor to be eligible for admission.
Complete the TEAS Exam
If you have not already completed the TEAS, this should be completed prior to being reviewed for admission to the ABSN program.
Assessment Technologies Institute (ATI) Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) must be submitted with a score of 65% or greater with proficiency in all subject areas. TEAS must have been taken within the previous year (no more than two attempts per year) to be eligible for submission.
Submit Your Final Official Transcripts
Final official transcripts for any courses taken outside of CSP since being accepted to CSP must be submitted.
Transcripts should reflect final grades for all courses and indicate conferral of a degree (if applicable). To be considered official, transcripts must be received in a sealed envelope from the institution or through secure electronic delivery.
We accept digital transcripts through a secure service such as the National Student Clearinghouse, Parchment, or eScrip-Safe. We do not accept official transcripts via email or fax. We also accept official transcripts mailed directly to Concordia University, Office of the Registrar, 1282 Concordia Ave., St. Paul, MN 55104.
Submit Official Transcripts to CSP:By mail: 9600 SW Barnes Rd #300 Portland, OR 97225 or by secured email: [email protected]
Demonstrate English Language Proficiency
Applicants must demonstrate English language proficiency via examination if 1) English is not their native language, and 2) the applicants have lived in the US fewer than eight years at the time of application.
English proficiency may be demonstrated by one or more of the following tests:
|Test||Minimum Satisfactory Score|
|TOEFL.iBT||84 with minimum speaking score of 26|
|IELTS||Overall score of 6.5 with the minimum of 6.0 on all modules|
|MELAB||Total passing score of 81 and a speaking section score of 3|
|Pearson Test of English Academic||Overall score of 55 with a minimum of 50 on all sub-scores|
Upon completion of the admission requirements for the program, your file will be submitted to the Nursing Committee for review. Your Admissions Counselor will notify you of the acceptance decision after this review is completed.
Student Accessibility Services
Determine the accommodations that may be available to you at CSP Global by contacting Student Accessibility Services at [email protected].
Visit Concordia’s Student Accessibility Services webpage for more information.
Reach Out with Additional Questions
If you have any questions about the ABSN admissions or application process at CSP Global, fill out our online form and an admissions counselor will call you. Take the first step and see if CSP is right for your nursing future.