Step One: Complete Your General and Prerequisite Courses
You can register with Concordia University St. Paul to complete your prerequisite courses. Contact us so we can get you started. Our admission counselors will help you determine what courses will transfer to CSP and which courses you need to complete using our Degree Audit* tool.
*= Please use your csp.edu email address to login.
Ready to start registering for courses? Contact your ABSN Admissions Counselor to review the registration process, go over the courses within your Degree Plan, and ensure you are ready to seek acceptance to the Nursing Program.
For students needing additional credits to qualify for the BSN program, CSP offers a “preferred admission” pathway. This pathway prioritizes admission to the CSP Nursing program for students in this pathway who meet eligibility and nursing admissions requirements.
- Eligibility Requirements: Prospective students must have a 3.0 incoming cumulative college (transfer student with previous college experience) or high school GPA (first-year college student). Additional eligibility requirements can be found in the CSP Nursing Preferred Admission Pathway Acknowledgement Form.
Benefits of the Preferred Admission Pathway
- Preferred Admission Seat: By completing at least 15 credits toward the prerequisite and general education requirement for the CSP pre-licensure BSN at CSP, students will have a prioritized seat in CSP’s pre-licensure nursing program. Please speak with admissions and/or advising regarding how this prioritization process works.
- Seamless Admission to Program Process: By declaring as a preferred admission pathway student, you will not need to re-apply to CSP’s nursing program. Students in this pathway are classified as having already applied to the nursing program.
- Familiarity with CSP Overall: Blackboard, financial aid, advising, student life, and other areas of CSP. Learn about and be a student at Concordia before becoming a nursing student.
- Prerequisite Preparation: CSP offers excellent science and math courses designed to help you be successful in the nursing program. Courses like MAT165 Quantitative Reasoning for Healthcare Professionals cover relevant concepts like dosage calculation to prepare you for future success in the nursing program.
- TEAS Exam Waived if 3 of 4 Science Courses are Completed at CSP: CSP waives the Assessment Technology Incorporated (ATI) Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) requirement if 3 of 4 Science prerequisites are completed through CSP (BIO300, BIO315, BIO316, or CHE105).
Step Two: Complete Additional Nursing Application Requirements
In addition to completing prerequisite and general education courses, there are additional application requirements that need to be met prior to being reviewed by the Nursing Committee. Complete these in a timely manner to ensure you are eligible to start the program in your desired term.
Complete the TEAS Exam
If you have not already completed the TEAS, this should be completed prior to being reviewed for admission to the ABSN program.
Assessment Technologies Institute (ATI) Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) must be submitted with a score of 65% or greater with proficiency in all subject areas. TEAS must have been taken within the previous year (no more than two attempts per year) to be eligible for submission.
Demonstrate English Language Proficiency
Applicants must demonstrate English language proficiency via examination if 1) English is not their native language, and 2) the applicants have lived in the US fewer than eight years at the time of application.
English proficiency may be demonstrated by one or more of the following tests:
|Test||Minimum Satisfactory Score|
|TOEFL.iBT||84 with minimum speaking score of 26|
|IELTS||Overall score of 6.5 with the minimum of 6.0 on all modules|
|MELAB||Total passing score of 81 and a speaking section score of 3|
|Pearson Test of English Academic||Overall score of 55 with a minimum of 50 on all sub-scores|
Upon completion of the admission requirements for the program, your file will be submitted to the Nursing Committee for review. Your Admissions Counselor will notify you of the acceptance decision after this review is completed.
ABSN Accepted Student Requirements
Once accepted to the CSP Nursing Program, you will need to complete additional requirements to ensure your success and understanding of the program.
Sign and Submit your Registration Authorization Form
To confirm your seat and get registered for your Nursing courses, you will need to read and sign the Nursing Registration and Acceptance Authorization Form emailed to you upon acceptance to the program. Within this document you will also be required to acknowledge the licensure requirements of the program. Failure to complete this step will result in dismissal from the program. If this step is not completed, your seat will be given to another applicant.
Completed forms should be emailed to [email protected] within one week of receipt in order to secure your spot.
Once the document is received your Admissions Counselor will be in touch with your next steps.
Submit your Final Official Transcripts
Final official transcripts for any courses taken outside of CSP since being accepted to CSP must be submitted.
Transcripts should reflect final grades for all courses and indicate conferral of a degree (if applicable). To be considered official, transcripts must be received in a sealed envelope from the institution or through secure electronic delivery.
Submit Official Transcripts to CSP:
9600 SW Barnes Rd #300
or by secured email: [email protected]
Complete Our Compliance Requirements
To be compliant with CSP’s Nursing program, you must submit the following documentation.
CSP Student ID – Comet Card
Portland Campuses – Students taking courses at our two Portland campus locations will receive a student ID card after site assignments are made, prior to the cohort start.
St. Paul Campus – Students must submit a photo to Card Services to be used for their CSP ID. Learn more and submit your photo on the Card Services website.
ABSN Program Orientation
Prior to the start of classes, students accepted into the ABSN program will receive emailed information pertaining to their Nursing Orientation. This will be emailed to your CSP email, so please be sure to access this and watch for updates.
Finalize Your Finances
As you prepare to begin your coursework at Concordia University, you might need assistance finding housing in Minnesota. One option to help you with this transition is CORT. CORT provides personalized rental housing locating assistance and their services are free of charge.
CORT’s services include:
- An in-depth needs analysis to determine what you are looking for in your new home
- A personalized web-page, with listings selected specifically for you based on your needs
- Details on housing availability and special offers
- Appointment scheduling at the residences you choose to visit
- Detailed maps and directions to your appointments
- Furniture rental
- Destination Services (available upon request for a nominal fee)
- Destination services include agent-guided housing tours, as well as other settling in services that may be needed
For more information about CORT, please contact:
- Amy Halvorson, Destination Services: 952-657-7336, [email protected]
- Kay Miska, Destination Services: 952-657-7335, [email protected]
- Lindsay Ivens, Furniture Rental: 952-657-7337, [email protected]
Student Accessibility Services
Determine the accommodations that may be available to you at Concordia by contacting Student Accessibility Services at [email protected].
Visit Concordia’s Student Accessibility Services webpage for more information.