On-Campus Nursing Skills and Simulation Labs
Experiential learning is essential for creating practice-ready nurses, and our state-of-the-art nursing skills and simulation labs provide just that. Featuring advanced medical training equipment, these labs allow you to safely apply the nursing concepts you’re learning online in a realistic setting.
There, you will work alongside your instructors to gain hands-on nursing skills practice using two types of high-tech medical manikins: a task trainer for learning skills such as inserting IVs and conducting basic wound care, and a high-fidelity human patient simulator that can realistically simulate a wide variety of bodily functions and medical conditions. Controlled by your clinical instructors, these manikins can even react to treatments and medications.
Our nursing skills and simulation labs help you develop critical-thinking, problem-solving and decision-making skills in a controlled, risk-free environment. This means that you are able to make and correct mistakes without putting anyone in danger. As a result, you can begin your clinical rotations feeling prepared to work alongside actual RNs and provide patient care.
Nursing Simulation Labs Provide a Dose of Reality
Our nursing simulation labs get you as close as possible to genuine patient-care situations, affording you the skills and confidence necessary to succeed during your clinical rotations.
ABSN skills and simulation labs at Concordia University allow you to:
- Participate in hands-on learning strategies that are similar to clinical experiences.
- Apply basic skills such as checking vital signs and monitoring blood pressure.
- Practice responding to acute and critical events in a controlled, safe environment.
- Evaluate various patient-care scenarios and administer proper treatment.
- Learn from mistakes and effectively correct them with the supervision of faculty.
- Experience situations that focus on teamwork and collaborative care.
Want to learn more about how Concordia’s Accelerated BSN blends online coursework, hands-on nursing simulation labs, and clinical placements at top are health care providers, allowing you to graduate ready to sit for the NCLEX-RN® in 16 months? Give us a call today or fill out the form to have an admissions counselor call you later.